We believe that effective family medicine depends on an excellent doctor-patient rapport. Our compassionate physicians strive to develop lasting relationships with their patients through personal interactions. Thrive Medical Clinic’s focus is on prevention and education: we believe in equipping our patients with the knowledge to make informed decisions about their health. We strive to inspire our patients to make changes that will improve their health status.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Immunizations and TB skin testing
- Routine blood work, STI screening, and physical examinations (employment)
- Emergency contraception
- Dressing changes & wound care
- Drivers’ physical exams and other Occupational health-related examinations
- Treatment of ICBC and WCB-related injuries
- Inter Muscular Injections for people who are on medication such as testosterone replacement and allergy shots if prescribed by your doctor
- Preventive Care Consults
In the case of a serious or potentially life-threatening condition, please contact emergency services immediately.
Although most of your medical needs are covered by the Medical Services Plan of BC (MSP), we are pleased to provide additional services which are not covered. We are also happy to care for those patients not covered by MSP, as well as certain cosmetic services. We provide care for Cantonese, Mandarin, Hindi, and Punjabi-speaking patients.
Some examples include:
- Driver’s medicals
- Insurance, employment, and sports physicals
- TB testing
- Travel Immunizations
- Doctor’s sick notes and notes for employers or school.
- Minor Cosmetic procedures such as skin tag and wart removal
- Cryotherapy for skin lesions
- Private consults for uninsured patients
- IUD insertion (for family practice patients)
At Thrive Medical Clinic, we have caring physicians who are experienced in handling even your most sensitive gynecological concerns. We manage issues ranging from routine Pap tests to complicated menopausal and hormonal issues. We offer pregnancy examinations, birth control, diagnosis and management of thyroid disorders and polycystic ovarian syndrome, breast and pelvic examinations, and STI testing.
- Pap tests and breast examinations
- Birth control counseling
- STI testing and treatment
- Abortion counseling and referrals
- Management of abnormal bleeding
- Menopausal counseling and management
When it comes to your family’s health, you sometimes can’t wait for an appointment. That’s why Thrive Medical Clinic is a family practice offering walk-in service. Walk-in service with urgent care capability is provided 7 days a week. No appointment is needed for our walk-in clinic.
Some common reasons to come see our physicians on a walk-in basis are:
- Ear infections and acute respiratory infections
- Urinary tract infections (testing done on-site)
- Abdominal pain
- Pregnancy tests
- Acute injuries, including minor lacerations and burns
- Workplace injuries (WCB or other)
- Motor vehicle accidents (ICBC)
- Prescription refills
- Wart treatments
- Allergy injections
In response to physical social distancing measures in place due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our doctors are offering convenient online telehealth (video and telephone) appointments during regular business hours. For your convenience, we are offering appointments by telephone. Appointments for telephone consults may be booked by phone, email, or online. Should you require an urgent, face-to-face visit, including most ICBC and WCB visits, our doctors will be able to arrange this after consulting with you first by telephone.
- Please have the fax number of your pharmacy ready prior to your appointment
We provide routine pediatric immunizations, flu vaccines and other immunizations as prescribed by the Canada Health Authority, and travel vaccinations (private fee).
Please call to check availability prior to coming to the office.